– What time are we meeting, approximately?
➡ beforehand –
– The exam starts at 9 am but make sure you arrive beforehand.
➡ deliberately –
– It wasn’t an accident! You deliberately threw that egg at me!
– I was hit by the driver deliberately.
(or: I was hit by the driver ON PURPOSE)
➡ frankly –
– Do you like me?
– Frankly speaking, I hate you.
– Your English is gradually getting better. But you need to practice more.
(or: your English is getting better bit by bit)
– That game we played in class yesterday was incredibly pointless.
– He was shot in the head and died instantly.
-I know it’s raining but we should cook shashlik nevertheless!
– The fact that I love spending my time with chickens is only partly true.
– We have an important meeting and it’s crucial to arrive precisely at 12 noon.
➡ relatively –
– School today was relatively boring.
– Don’t worry, you only slightly burned dinner but we can still eat it.
➡ utterly –
-Today’s grammar lesson was utterly pointless.